I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
So, you are pregnant and it’s time to get the nursery ready. There are so many things that go into preparing your little one’s nursery. Deciding on the theme is always fun, but you also need to make sure that you are getting all the essentials in the nursery, too!
Here are the essentials that you need to get for your nursery:
- Crib: A good crib can make or break your nursery, design wise. We have always used the type of cribs that can convert to a toddler bed, and then eventually a twin bed. It is a bit of an investment up front, but in the long run saves you some money.
- Bassinet: Personally, we used a bassinet for the first few months because we didn’t want the crib in our room. This is completely a personal preference thing! We wanted the girls in our room when they were infants, but wanted to keep the crib in their room, so a bassinet was a no-brainer for us. This isn’t a necessity if you plan on keeping your little one in their crib from the start.
- Diaper Genie: This was a life-saver for our noses! Those little babes can make some smelly diapers! Ha! The diaper genie kept the smell contained and was easy to empty out when it got full.
- Rocking Chair: This is a big one! You want to make sure that you get a rocking chair that you will be comfortable spending hours in. I recommend that you get one with the rocking foot rest that goes with it. It really does make all the difference to have the rocking foot stool, too.
- Dresser: You won’t believe how many clothes your little one will accumulate! Do yourself a favor and get a full-sized dresser from the get go!
- Rug: While not a necessity, rugs make the room feel complete and cozy. Small to medium ones sized area rugs are perfect for a nursery!
- Book shelf and books: Even though you are preparing a nursery for you baby, not too long after they are born, you will have a toddler on your hands who will be so ready to look at books. And you can start creating good habits early by reading to your baby as an infant, too. I personally love floating book shelves like these ones.
- White noise machine: White noise machines can be extremely helpful in lulling little ones to sleep an helping them stay asleep longer.
- Baby Monitor: I highly recommend a video baby monitor system to ease your mind. I have heard great reviews about the Owlet baby monitor. It is a monitor that monitors baby’s breathing, which is awesome! I haven’t actually used it because it came out after our youngest was too old for that type of monitoring.
- Wall art: Finally, wall art will make you nursery feel like a completed room.
The most important thing when you are putting your new nursery together is to enjoy the process and have fun!!